Here’s the next episode of the UNCENSORED Podcasts Season 3.
Today’s Topic: Powerlifting with Bruce Mcintyre
Bruce McIntyre: I started powerlifting competitively in 1999 when I turned 42. Started weight training when I was 12 for sports.
Hometown: Waterloo, Ontario Canada
Reason I can lift: My wife and kids.
Reason why I lift: Powerlifting is fun.
Some of what you will learn in this podcast:
- What about drug testing?
- What are the various types of powerlifting competitions?
- What are the differences in rule books?
- What are the differences in judging?
- What are the various divisions?
- What is the definition of “The strongest person” in the competitions?
- How does a person’s body type and “leverage” fit into powerlifting?
- How does a person’s genetics fit in to powerlifting abilty?
- What are the various philosophies of Powerlifting training?
- What is the difference when lifting with gear vs. raw?
- What is the peak age for strength in powerlifting?
- What do the powerlifting workouts look like?
- How does the training fit in with fast twitch and slow twitch muscle training?
- How does max lifting training fit in?
- How does neural adaptation and muscle adaptation fit into powerlifting training?
- How do you switch from weight training for shape to weight training for strength?
- How does a persons size fit in with strength?
- Can anyone train to have exceptional strength and where does genetic ability fit in?
- What is the biggest misconception with powerlifting?